The social and economic impact of COVID-19 with sheltering in place, social distancing, schools cancelled, and businesses closed has caused more stress in the home than ever. As job uncertainty, anxiety, depression, even hunger and other basic life survival issues are compounding, children are even more vulnerable now. Our families prior to the outbreak were at high risk; and now with the increase of difficult times, there are even more families at risk and the families we serve need even more support.
We are responding to their new needs.
In addition to increasing the number of children and families served, assisting and counseling families, and providing homes for children, because of the COVID-19 crisis, here are a few of the additional things we are doing….
Olive Crest COVID-19 Emergency Response Impact:
- Providing necessary school supplies, Chromebooks, and tablets for homeschooling to our children
- A drive-through food pantry — distributing food to over 2,000 families
- Providing additional financial assistance to transition age youth (ages 16-22) learning to live independently
- Increasing our technological capacity to remotely execute therapy, counseling, and training to over 3,500 children and families, and connecting kids to their loved ones virtually
- Cancelled five much-needed fundraising events vital to supporting our programs
Olive Crest’s unchanged mission, for almost 50 years, is keeping abused and neglected children safe, and supporting healthy families. The COVID-19 crisis will not stop Olive Crest from continuing our mission with increased services and programs necessary to keep children and families safe, but we need your extra support during this time.
The fear and isolation brought on by the coronavirus pandemic are real. Olive Crest needs your help to raise additional critical dollars to overcome a significant shortfall due to emergency COVID-19 services and resources to protect at-risk kids in our community.
We pray that Olive Crest can count on you — our friends and partners — to sustain us with prayer and your continued support as together we keep vulnerable children and families safe and secure.